List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Lovett Date:October 6 2004 10:13am
Subject:Re: Segmentation Fault on pass2
View as plain text
Thanks for the nudge.

We were able to compile a separate version of 3.3 on this box and try mysql++ with that.
It worked, fine, as expected.

Not sure why the Red Hat 3.x compatibility library exhibited the behavior that it did.

Guess there's nothing that beats the real thing!

Thanks for your replies

Michael Lovett wrote:

> The source line executing is
>
> query << "select server_name_tx from tblTabServer";

Unless something else in MySQL++ has scribbled on the memory heap by
this point, I don't see how this line can cause a crash other than with
a buggy standard library.  The fact that the problem doesn't happen on a
'native' GCC 3 system heightens one's suspicions.

Can you not upgrade to GCC 3.x on this system?  I'd recommend going no
higher than 3.3, as MySQL++ isn't confirmed to run on 3.4 yet.  I recall
3.0.4 being available for RH7.2, possibly from Red Hat themselves.