List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:October 1 2004 5:07pm
Subject:Re: Patches for Solaris 2.8 with gcc 3.3.2
View as plain text
Sward, David wrote:

> 1. configure and configure.in needed quotes around the value assigned to
> MYSQL_lib_check
> and MYSQL_inc_check, or else the specification of --with-mysql would
> cause this to be
> executed:

For future reference, configure is a generated file, shipped with the
tarball only for convenience.  You regenerate configure from
configure.in by running the bootstrap script.

I've applied the change.

> 2. Replaced inclusion of <strstream> with <sstream>.

This was on the Wishlist, but I've been putting off doing it to give
people a breather before breaking something again.  I guess it's been
over a month since I've broken something, so it's time.  :)

Ditto for items 3 and 4.

> 5. Replaced call to pcount() with "rdbuf()->str().size()".

That change is avoidable because the whole function boils down to
something that doesn't need something like pcount() when you use
stringstream.  Study the code in 1.7.18 when it comes out if this isn't
clear.

> 6. Removed call to ostrstream::freeze().

Yes, I agree that's not needed, because it returns a copy.

> I don't know whether these changes will cause problems on other systems.

I've tested them on recent Linuxes, and will release them soon.  Thanks
for the patches, and for getting me off the dime on the stringstream issue.
Thread
Patches for Solaris 2.8 with gcc 3.3.2David Sward1 Oct
  • Re: Patches for Solaris 2.8 with gcc 3.3.2Warren Young1 Oct
RE: Patches for Solaris 2.8 with gcc 3.3.2David Sward1 Oct