List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Frey Date:September 21 2004 4:15pm
Subject:Re: mysql connection close segmentation fault problem
View as plain text
On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 06:43:00PM +0300, Calin Vaida wrote:
>  All have worked ok until i switch the sistem and the mysql++ driver
> to a new one. So my problem appear for the same application but
> running on a suse 9.1 with mysql++1.7.17 and using
> mysql-client-4.0.18-32 (that is the default on the suse 9.1 I guess).
> The problem appear when the mysql connection is closed and my whole
> application crash with SEG fault.
> The interesting thing is that on my sistem (suse 8.1) the same
> application with the mysql++1.7.17 is working properly.

Odd that mysql_close() seems to be called twice in the backtrace
you posted.

Anyway, did you compile mysql++ fresh on each system, or use the RPM's?
If you used the RPM, it might be worth trying compiling it from
source to make sure it is not a compiler incompatibility between
different versions of SuSe.

I found the sample code below at: http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=1424
If it really is a C lib bug, it should show up with this code.

- Chris

#include <mysql.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
	int		rc;
	int i;
	MYSQL 		*mysql;

	mysql_server_init(0, NULL, NULL);

	mysql = mysql_init(NULL);
	if (mysql_real_connect(mysql, NULL, NULL, NULL, "", 0, NULL, 0) == NULL) {
		printf("error\n");
	}
	if (mysql_errno(mysql)) {
		printf("Error 1: %s\n", mysql_error(mysql));
		mysql_close(mysql);
		exit(-1);
	}
	mysql_close(mysql);
	mysql_server_end();
}

Thread
mysql connection close segmentation fault problemCalin Vaida21 Sep
  • Re: mysql connection close segmentation fault problemChris Frey21 Sep
  • Re: mysql connection close segmentation fault problemWarren Young21 Sep
Re: mysql connection close segmentation fault problemCalin Vaida22 Sep
Re: mysql connection close segmentation fault problemCalin Vaida22 Sep