List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 17 2004 9:10am
Subject:Re: Visual Studio .NET (7.1.3088) and mysql++ 1.7.17
View as plain text
Adam Zerlin wrote:
> I believe that this is a similar issue to this one
> (http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus/3468).

Nope.

> My understanding (please correct me if I am wrong),
> is that if I link to mysqlclient.lib, that I will not need
> libmysql.dll to be distributed with my program.

That's right.

> So, I would much prefer to use that library.

It's my understanding that mysqlclient.lib is the static C API library,
and that it uses the static CRT library, and that libmysql.lib is the
DLL import library for the MySQL C API, and that it requires the DLL CRT
library.  It sounds to me like you want the DLL CRT library, but the
non-DLL MySQL library.  To pull that off, you will have to rebuild all
of the libraries involved to get the link behavior you want.  Blame
Microsoft.

> error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall
> MysqlConnection::~MysqlConnection(void)" (??1MysqlConnection@@QAE@XZ)
> referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall
> TestPlugin::GameCreated(struct RaceInfo const *)"
> (?GameCreated@TestPlugin@@UAE_NPBURaceInfo@@@Z)

I said "nope" above, because this error has nothing to do with mixing
CRT libraries.  You're plainly not linking to mysql++.lib.  You have to
link to that _in addition_ to the MySQL C API library.  See the link
settings in the example programs' projects.

> It's as if this function isn't in mysqlclient.lib.

Bingo.  And it won't ever be.
Thread
Visual Studio .NET (7.1.3088) and mysql++ 1.7.17Adam Zerlin16 Sep
  • Re: Visual Studio .NET (7.1.3088) and mysql++ 1.7.17Warren Young17 Sep