List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Zerlin Date:September 16 2004 5:35pm
Subject:Visual Studio .NET (7.1.3088) and mysql++ 1.7.17
View as plain text
I believe that this is a similar issue to this one
(http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus/3468).

I'm trying to build a Multi-threaded DLL using a mysql++ library.  I'm
aware of 2, libmysql.lib (which links to libmysql.dll) and
mysqlclient.lib.  My understanding (please correct me if I am wrong),
is that if I link to mysqlclient.lib, that I will not need
libmysql.dll to be distributed with my program.  So, I would much
prefer to use that library.

I get the following link errors when trying to compile it:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall
MysqlConnection::~MysqlConnection(void)" (??1MysqlConnection@@QAE@XZ)
referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall
TestPlugin::GameCreated(struct RaceInfo const *)"
(?GameCreated@TestPlugin@@UAE_NPBURaceInfo@@@Z)

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall
MysqlConnection::MysqlConnection(char const *,char const *,char const
*,char const *,bool)" (??0MysqlConnection@@QAE@PBD000_N@Z) referenced
in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall
TestPlugin::GameCreated(struct RaceInfo const *)"
(?GameCreated@TestPlugin@@UAE_NPBURaceInfo@@@Z)

It's as if this function isn't in mysqlclient.lib.  I downloaded the
mysql source and compiled mysqlclient.lib myself, but it resulted in
the same link errors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Thread
Visual Studio .NET (7.1.3088) and mysql++ 1.7.17Adam Zerlin16 Sep
  • Re: Visual Studio .NET (7.1.3088) and mysql++ 1.7.17Warren Young17 Sep