List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shadow Date:September 14 2004 6:36am
Subject:linux linking problem
View as plain text
Hello there boys and girls.

I have attempted to compile my first mysql++ app on linux.

But when I type in 'g++ mysql_test1.cpp -o mysql_test1 -I$(mysql_incl)
-lmysqlclient -lsqlplus'

I get this return:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsqlplus
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [all] Error 1

Now the examples compile with no problems and I know the documentation
says take a look at the Makefile.am but I am a beginner when it comes to
linux programming and I coulden't make heads or tails of it.

I have tryed to compile this program on both redhat 9 and LFS (linux from
scratch install) with the same result..

After spending 2 days searching google and this mailing list, I have
decided to post this problem begging on someone to help me find out what I
am missing.

cherrs Ghost
Thread
linux linking problemshadow14 Sep
  • Re: linux linking problemWarren Young15 Sep