List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zahroof Mohamed Date:September 13 2004 1:41pm
Subject:Re: MySQL++ with MinGW
View as plain text
Ok, I'm taking the plunge to Unixy system commands. I've downloaded
the the MinGW MSYS package that now gives me the Unix system commands
such as configure etc. I tired the configure command, per the Readme,
and I hit the following error. To me, it looks like mysql is not
installed in the directory required by the configure file. Do I need
to modify the configure file or set up something in my environment
variables to make the configure part work? Here is the result of the
configure command.

yi011513@1G4K341 /c/mysql/mysql++-1.7.15
$ ./configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) no
checking build system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking host system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking for style of include used by make... none
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... none
checking for ld used by GCC... c:/zapps/mingwstudio/mingw/mingw32/bin/ld.exe
checking if the linker (c:/zapps/mingwstudio/mingw/mingw32/bin/ld.exe)
is GNU ld... yes
checking for c:/zapps/mingwstudio/mingw/mingw32/bin/ld.exe option to
reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /mingw/bin/nm
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... file_magic file
format pei*-i386(.*architecture: i386)?
checking command to parse /mingw/bin/nm output... ok
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking dlfcn.h usability... no
checking dlfcn.h presence... no
checking for dlfcn.h... no
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -DDLL_EXPORT
checking if gcc PIC flag -DDLL_EXPORT works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether the linker
(c:/zapps/mingwstudio/mingw/mingw32/bin/ld.exe) supports shared
libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... Win32 ld.exe
creating libtool
checking for MySQL library directory... configure: error: Didn't find
the mysql library dir in ''

Thanks,