List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 10 2004 9:36pm
Subject:Re: MySQL++ with MinGW
View as plain text
Zahroof Mohamed wrote:
> folder, and created a static library using MinGWStudio.

That's probably sufficient.  You may have to do the same thing to create
a mysqlclient library that will work.

> I'm not used to using makefiles as I moved from a window's environment

It's your choice, but I'll tell you now: I won't include MinGWStudio
project files in the MySQL++ distribution.  A MinGW environment should
be perfectly capable of using the autoconf build system used on Unixy
platforms (including Cygwin).

> It appears that I need to
> modify the makefiles that you've provided (Makefile.in?).

You shouldn't have to modify anything.  Read README.  The configure step
should discover everything that's unique about your system.  If not, you
would have to modify configure.in and/or the Makefile.am files, but
that's a steep learning curve.
Thread
Re: MySQL++ with MinGWWarren Young10 Sep
  • Re: MySQL++ with MinGWZahroof Mohamed10 Sep
    • Re: MySQL++ with MinGWWarren Young10 Sep
      • Re: MySQL++ with MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
        • Re: MySQL++ with MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
      • Re: MySQL++ with MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
Re: MySQL++ with MinGWWarren Young15 Sep