List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zahroof Mohamed Date:September 10 2004 8:38pm
Subject:Re: MySQL++ with MinGW
View as plain text
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:12:08 -0600, Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:
> Zahroof Mohamed wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure how to post a new topic on the mail list
>
> Send mail to the mailing list address.  See the message you received on
> subscribing for instructions.
>
> > The problem appears during the linking process with the
> > mysqlclient.lib or libmysql.lib.
>
> I doubt MinGW supports Microsoft library format files.  Are you sure it
> doesn't require .a or .so format files?
>
> > I created a static library using the header and source files from
> > MySQL++ - libmysqlpp.a .
>
> Did you use the package's Makefiles for this, or did you cook something
> up yourself?

I did not use the Makefile for this. I created a project file,
included all the header files and source files in the sqlplusint
folder, and created a static library using MinGWStudio.

I'm not used to using makefiles as I moved from a window's environment
and am used to IDEs generating project files. Yes, I have started
reading up the documentation on GNU make. It appears that I need to
modify the makefiles that you've provided (Makefile.in?). I'm not sure
at this point what I need to do - hopefully the documentation on GNU
Make will clear some things up.

> > warning: ignoring
> > #pragma warning
>
> This is harmless.
>
> > C:\ZApps\MinGWStudio\MinGW\include\c++\3.3.1\bits\stl_uninitialized.h:
> > undefined reference to `mysql_num_fields@4'
>
> This suggests that you're linking against the wrong mysqlclient library.
>  That's not a MySQL++ issue.  Have you searched on the C-related
> mailing lists?

Yes, I believe it is a problem with linking against he wrong library.
I may have to get hold of the MySQL source and create the library
myself. I was wondering whether anyone else had run into this problem
and solved it themselves.

> I suggest getting a simple C API program building with MySQL before
> moving on to MySQL++.

Yes, I tried that. Created a very simple program that had problems
with linking against the MySQL C libraries. I was able to make the
link work by using the libmysql.dll, creating a libmysql.def using
dlltool etc. following instructions I found on the windows subsection
of the following web-site. I could create the executable but it didn't
work.

http://www.synnottsoftware.com/tutorials/mysql.html

Thanks for the really prompt reply.

Zahroof