List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 10 2004 7:12pm
Subject:Re: MySQL++ with MinGW
View as plain text
Zahroof Mohamed wrote:

> I'm not sure how to post a new topic on the mail list

Send mail to the mailing list address.  See the message you received on
subscribing for instructions.

> The problem appears during the linking process with the
> mysqlclient.lib or libmysql.lib.

I doubt MinGW supports Microsoft library format files.  Are you sure it
doesn't require .a or .so format files?

> I created a static library using the header and source files from
> MySQL++ - libmysqlpp.a .

Did you use the package's Makefiles for this, or did you cook something
up yourself?

> warning: ignoring
> #pragma warning

This is harmless.

> C:\ZApps\MinGWStudio\MinGW\include\c++\3.3.1\bits\stl_uninitialized.h:
> undefined reference to `mysql_num_fields@4'

This suggests that you're linking against the wrong mysqlclient library.
  That's not a MySQL++ issue.  Have you searched on the C-related
mailing lists?

I suggest getting a simple C API program building with MySQL before
moving on to MySQL++.
Thread
Re: MySQL++ with MinGWWarren Young10 Sep
  • Re: MySQL++ with MinGWZahroof Mohamed10 Sep
    • Re: MySQL++ with MinGWWarren Young10 Sep
      • Re: MySQL++ with MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
        • Re: MySQL++ with MinGWWarren Young13 Sep
      • Re: MySQL++ with MinGWZahroof Mohamed13 Sep
Re: MySQL++ with MinGWWarren Young15 Sep