List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Voguemaster Date:September 10 2004 4:24pm
Subject:Re: Internationalization support
View as plain text
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 06:30:03 -0600, Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped>

> Voguemaster wrote:
>> how does  MySQL++ deal with it ? Is there support for wide chars ?
> I don't know.  You're the domain expert...find out and let me know.  :)
> I suspect that if there is no specific support, that what you get in the
> C++ string objects is raw UTF-8, which would be fairly easy to transform
> into multibyte characters.  That's the beauty of UTF-8: a program that
> only knows how to deal with single-byte characters will pass it
> successfully.

Domain expert ? LOL. What did I miss ?

I'll give UTF-8 a try using MySQL 4.1. Let's see if it works :)

Eli Kara
Beyond Security Ltd.
The First Integrated Network and Web Application Vulnerability Scanner:
Internationalization supportVoguemaster4 Sep
  • Re: Internationalization supportWarren Young7 Sep
    • Re: Internationalization supportVoguemaster7 Sep
      • Re: Internationalization supportWarren Young8 Sep
        • Re: Internationalization supportVoguemaster10 Sep