List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:celliott Date:September 2 2004 1:10pm
Subject:Re: library name change
View as plain text
Personally, I'm happy with the recent changes.  After moving forward from
redhat 7.3 the library wouldn't work reliably for me for more than a year.
 The template queries were broken and my projects were in shambles.  Even
before that, I experienced several memory leaks and weird bugs with
MySQL++.

As for making mysql++ compatible for other types of SQL databases, making
a library compatible with everything usually just adds fat which is always
a bad thing for memory / processor intensive apps like the ones usually
involving database integration.

MySQL++ is the official API for MySQL and the recent leaps forward in
compiler compatibility and c++ standards have started making it live up to
that task.

#include <my_two_cents.hh>

Chad Elliott.