List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:September 1 2004 4:41am
Subject:Re: mysql++-1.7.14-1.src.rpm on mandrake
View as plain text
jose dado wrote:

> Looks successful but what happens?

It installs the source files necessary to build your own RPM.  I don't
know exactly how you build RPMs on Mandrake (there are distro-specific
directory layouts involved) but basically you find the mysql++.spec file
(it would be in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS on a Red Hat or Fedora system) and
say "rpmbuild -bb mysql++.spec".  This will build the binary RPM, which
will probably be in ../RPMS/i386 relative to the SPECS directory.

>     But before this I try to install the "redhat" rpm (just to experiment) and it did
> install
> mysql++ folder and files in the /usr/include.

So why not use it, if it seems to work?
Thread
mysql++-1.7.14-1.src.rpm on mandrakejose dado1 Sep
  • Re: mysql++-1.7.14-1.src.rpm on mandrakeWarren Young1 Sep