List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 20 2004 10:02pm
Subject:Re: Build 1.7.12 mysql++ with Borland 6.0
View as plain text
Totte Karlsson wrote:

> There is a .zip file at
> http://www.codeschack.com/public/

Thank you for your efforts.  I managed to boil all of your changes down
to simply #including <winsock.h> conditionally where necessary and
removing those bogus Windows32 header includes.  And, of course, the
addition of the BCB project files.

I didn't agree with several of the changes you made in your version.
Would you please download the following IN-DEVELOPMENT version of the
library and fix up any missing bits?

     http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/releases/mysql++-1.7.13-test1.tar.gz

In particular, you'll notice these changes from the version you've made
available on your site:

- One of the files #included windows.h.  I don't believe that to be
absolutely necessary.  At most, you should conditionally include
winsock.h as you did in so many of the other modules.  Furthermore, I
think the module you had this fix in was the wrong place; it goes in one
of the .hh files, not the .cc file you had it in.  (connection.cc, I
believe.)  Please try this fix again, keeping these guidelines in mind.

- One of the project files was named very generically: ProjectGroup1 or
something like that.  I renamed it to mysqlpp.bp? to match the others.
You may need to fix up some things to make it build again.

- Your ZIP file contains directory structure and code formatting
changes.  Please don't do this.  Keep the change set to that which is
absolutely necessary to make the program build.  When I have to
disentangle your style changes from the subtantive ones, it slows me
down.  If you want to talk about style changes, let's argue about that
separately.

> Any Borland user has to define macros (under IDE user variables) for the
> "main" sql installation directory, e.g. MySQL = c:\mysql
> and also change where the .lib file is being created.

Can you be more explicit?  I need something detailed that I can put in
the project README file.  Since I don't have BCB, I can't infer details.
Thread
Build 1.7.12 mysql++ with Borland 6.0Totte Karlsson20 Aug
  • Re: Build 1.7.12 mysql++ with Borland 6.0Warren Young21 Aug
  • Re: Build 1.7.12 mysql++ with Borland 6.0Totte Karlsson23 Aug