List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 20 2004 12:30am
Subject:Re: dll problems with borland 6
View as plain text
Totte Karlsson wrote:

> 1) In ColData.cc I added
> #include <windows.h>

What exactly was the error you got without this?  I can't formulate a
good cross-platform patch based on this report.

> 2) In row.hh
>     The compiler had a problem with the following line (line 249 in row1.hh)
>     data.insert(data.end(),(d[i]) ? std::string(d[i],jj[i]) :
> (std::string)"NULL");

I can change this without breaking cross-platform compatibility.

> the lines where changed to
> //#include <Windows32/Base.h>
> //#include <Windows32/Defines.h>
> //#include <Windows32/Structures.h>
> i.e. the headers was simply commented out.. don't know what they are doing,
> but they are not provided by the borland distribution.

I'll remove these for now, but I suspect something like it will have to
this isn't it...  I wonder what compiler uses a Windows32 directory?

> 3)
> the header include
> #include <ext/slist>
> in connection.hh
> was changed to
> #include <slist>

The right fix is more complicated.  I'll add it to .13.

> in convert.hh
> the lines
> mysql__convert(float, strtod)
> were changed into
> mysql__convert(float, std::strtod)

That shouldn't be necessary.  Try adding #include <stdlib.h> to the top
of the file.  strtod is only in namespace std if you include cstdlib
instead, and I see no good reason to use that in this case.

>   [C++ Warning] coldata3.hh(8): W8017 Redefinition of 'errno' is not
> identical

Remove this line from the file:

#define errno WSAGetLastError()

It shouldn't be needed.  This is in all the files where you removed the
Windows32 #include lines.

>   [C++ Warning] null1.hh(16): W8058 Cannot create pre-compiled header:
> initialized data in header

That can be fixed with a project setting.

Speaking of the project file, are you going to send it to me?

>   [TLib Warning] public '_STL::operator
> <<(_STL::basic_ostream<_STL::char_traits<...' in module 'connection'
> clashes
> with prior module 'coldata'

I'm not sure what this one means.  Would you please do some research on
this and get back to me?  I suspect it's a common problem in many
projects (i.e. not MySQL++ specific), but I can't guess at the fix since
I don't use BCB.
Thread
dll problems with borland 6Totte Karlsson19 Aug
  • Re: dll problems with borland 6Warren Young19 Aug
  • Re: dll problems with borland 6Totte Karlsson19 Aug
    • Re: dll problems with borland 6Warren Young19 Aug
  • Re: dll problems with borland 6Totte Karlsson20 Aug
    • Re: dll problems with borland 6Warren Young20 Aug
  • Re: dll problems with borland 6Totte Karlsson20 Aug
    • Re: dll problems with borland 6Warren Young20 Aug
  • Re: mysql++ on sourceforgeSteffen Neumann26 Oct
  • Re: mysql++ on sourceforgePaolo Brandoli26 Oct