List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 19 2004 7:11pm
Subject:Re: microsoft compilation
View as plain text
ahnkle wrote:

> I would really like to see MS support for mysql++ if at all possible.

By which you really mean:

> compile with v6

Guys, VC++6 is _six years old_.  It had the worst Standard C++ support
of any compiler in its time.  I won't hold MySQL++ hostage to such a
weak compiler.

This isn't anti-Microsoft bias.  MySQL++ doesn't build under six year
old versions of GCC, either.  It's time to move forward.

If there are problems in the recent Microsoft C++ compilers that cause
MySQL++ not to build, I'll certainly entertain fixes.

> How do you feel about a directive that could expand to
> __declspec(dllexport) or __declspec(dllimport) as necessary?
>
> e.g.
>
>   #ifdef _MSC_VER
>   #ifdef EXPORTING
>   #define MYSYMBOL_EXPORT __declspec(dllexport)
>   #else
>   #define MYSYMBOL_EXPORT __declspec(dllimport)
>   #endif // #ifdef EXPORTING
>   #endif // #ifdef _MSC_VER

>   class MYSYMBOL_EXPORT Connection
>   {
>   };

I'd rather you called the macro MYSQLPP_MS_EXPORT.  Also, if that
EXPORTING macro is supposed to be defined by the modules using the DLL,
use something like MYSQLPP_MS_IMPORT.  The idea here is to minimize the
possibility of global namespace clashes.

Please submit a patch against the current version.  Also, if you could
submit a VC++ project file, I will include it in the distribution.
Thread
microsoft compilationahnkle19 Aug
  • Re: microsoft compilationThomas Werth19 Aug
  • Re: microsoft compilationWarren Young19 Aug