List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Totte Karlsson Date:August 19 2004 6:03pm
Subject:dll problems with borland 6
View as plain text
Hi,
I have tried mysql++ using bccbuilder 6 and I have found the following
problem. Together with the code comes libmysql.lib and  libmysql.dll. In the
bin directory of the "main" mysql distribution another version of the
libmysql.dll exists. This directory is on my path.
Now, if I move the libmysql.dll distributed with mysql++, into the mysql++
examples dir, everything works fine. However, in a real world situation, I
want to use the libmysql.dll that comes witht the "main" mysql distribution.
However, the .lib file that comes with the mysql++ distribution don't match
the main mysql distributions dll (of course), so any mysql++ program using
the distributed .lib file with the "main" mysql dll will not run, so what to
do?

One should be able to use implib to generate a new .lib file, which I did.
Doing that allows my program to run, using the sql distribution dll
(confirmed by examining what dll's load when starting the application), but
when the program exits, within the builder IDE, an exception is thrown, and
here I'm stuck and I don't know how to get rid of this exception... :(

Anyone that have seen this problem? I think this is called "dll-hell". :)

-totte

Thread
dll problems with borland 6Totte Karlsson19 Aug
  • Re: dll problems with borland 6Warren Young19 Aug
  • Re: dll problems with borland 6Totte Karlsson19 Aug
    • Re: dll problems with borland 6Warren Young19 Aug
  • Re: dll problems with borland 6Totte Karlsson20 Aug
    • Re: dll problems with borland 6Warren Young20 Aug
  • Re: dll problems with borland 6Totte Karlsson20 Aug
    • Re: dll problems with borland 6Warren Young20 Aug
  • Re: mysql++ on sourceforgeSteffen Neumann26 Oct
  • Re: mysql++ on sourceforgePaolo Brandoli26 Oct