List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas Werth Date:August 19 2004 1:24pm
Subject:Re: microsoft compilation
View as plain text
i really like to see a vc6 version, too.
Unfortunatly i have no glue what to change in src to compile new version
by myself ;(

I'd be lucky if new version would be release as a vc6 version, too.

If not i'd be glad if someone would give me a 1.7.9 Version that
compiles with vc 6 . Still im using 1.7.1 ;(

thx

Thomas Werth

ahnkle schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I would really like to see MS support for mysql++ if at all possible. I
> have hacked 1.7.9  to compile with v6 (12.00.8804) but that took quite a
> lot of changes.
>
> I have just downloaded v7 (13.10.3077) and that looks more promising. I
> have not compiled all of the examples yet.
>
> One immediate thing is the exporting of symbols from a dll. Preferred
> method is using __declspec(dllexport). atm i have used dumpbin on all
> the objects to get decorated symbols, them generated a .def file with a
> little perl.
>
> How do you feel about a directive that could expand to
> __declspec(dllexport) or __declspec(dllimport) as necessary?
>
> e.g.
>
>   #ifdef _MSC_VER
>   #ifdef EXPORTING
>   #define MYSYMBOL_EXPORT __declspec(dllexport)
>   #else
>   #define MYSYMBOL_EXPORT __declspec(dllimport)
>   #endif // #ifdef EXPORTING
>   #endif // #ifdef _MSC_VER

>   class MYSYMBOL_EXPORT Connection
>   {
>   };
>
> regards,
> ahnkle

Thread
microsoft compilationahnkle19 Aug
  • Re: microsoft compilationThomas Werth19 Aug
  • Re: microsoft compilationWarren Young19 Aug