List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 18 2004 4:31pm
Subject:Re: RELEASE: 1.7.11
View as plain text
Darren McDonald wrote:
> Would you consider this new realse stable?

Functionally stable, yes, but not interface-stable.  I have few special
plans to change more interfaces, but there is a general sense that if I
find more broken interfaces, this is the time to fix them.  I will
always call out those changes in the ChangeLog, and I will try not to
make it hard to move from one interface to the next.

> the ability grab results using ["fieldname"] is being cut (is that
> correct?)

The same functionality is still available via the new interface
row.lookup_by_name().  I'm not tied to that function name.  The only
thing that must go is the overloaded operator.  The new function name
could change and it wouldn't bother me.  I hope you do move to the new
version, simply so I can get feedback on issues like this.

At some point, these new interfaces will be considered stable, and then
they won't be changeable any more.  Now's the time to pipe up.

> Also will this work a-ok with gcc 3.3 now?

I'm not having any troubles.  If you do, patches will be thoughtfully
considered. :)
Thread
RELEASE: 1.7.11Warren Young18 Aug
  • Re: RELEASE: 1.7.11bayufa18 Aug
    • Re: RELEASE: 1.7.11Warren Young18 Aug
Re: RELEASE: 1.7.11Darren McDonald18 Aug
RE: RELEASE: 1.7.11Yigong Liu18 Aug
  • Re: RELEASE: 1.7.11Warren Young18 Aug
Re: RELEASE: 1.7.11Warren Young18 Aug
RE: RELEASE: 1.7.11Yigong Liu18 Aug