List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yigong Liu Date:August 18 2004 2:13pm
Subject:RE: RELEASE: 1.7.11
View as plain text
Good Morning, Warren,

I just downloaded 1.7.11 and did ./bootstrap as you suggested. The
following messages come out:

bash-2.03$ ./bootstrap
+ libtoolize --force --copy
You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
+ aclocal
/usr/local/share/aclocal/gtk.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_GTK
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal
/usr/local/share/aclocal/glib.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_GLIB
configure.in:17: /usr/local/bin/m4: ERROR: Reading inserted file: No
such file or directory
autom4te: /usr/local/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1

I have installed the latest automake-1.8b and with it the latest
aclocal-1.8b. Open configure.in, I see the following at line 17:
AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

I had the same problem when I run automake with the old 1.7.9 version.
Any clue why it failed?

Thanks

Yigong