List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:August 17 2004 8:24pm
Subject:Re: exception problem when building on solaris 2.8 with gcc 3.3.2
View as plain text
Liu, Yigong wrote:

> It
> seems it is not doing the straight forward compiling using g++, but did
> some tricks with libtool etc.

libtool is just a shell script that wraps up the knowledge of how to
build libraries on various systems.  SysV does it different from Linux,
which does it different from stock BSD, which does it different from
MacOS, which....  You see the problem it solves.

If you look at the line right below each libtool line, you see what g++
command libtool emits.  There's no particularly obscure magic going on here.

> How could I get a Makefile for just a
> simple g++ compile/link of mysql++ lib???

You could try rolling your own, just to test your theory.

Another thing you might try is adding a try block within the connect
function, just to see if the exception problem has to do with the
exception crossing stack frames.

Also, do I assume correctly that you're using the new 1.7.10 release?
Thread
exception problem when building on solaris 2.8 with gcc 3.3.2Yigong Liu17 Aug
  • Re: exception problem when building on solaris 2.8 with gcc 3.3.2Warren Young17 Aug
RE: exception problem when building on solaris 2.8 with gcc 3.3.2Yigong Liu17 Aug