List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yigong Liu Date:August 17 2004 8:03pm
Subject:exception problem when building on solaris 2.8 with gcc 3.3.2
View as plain text
Hi Warren and other experts over there,

I am still struggling with exception handling in mysql++ on Solaris2.8
with gcc/g++ 3.3.2. In examples/simple1.cc, I added the following code
at the beginning of main() for test:

Struct My_Err {
};

Try {
	Throw My_Err();
} catch(...) {
	Cerr << "got my exception...\n";
}

And it works; my exceptions are caught successfully.

Since simple1.cc always coredumps during connection setup, I add some
printouts in Connection::connect() method in sqlplusint/connection.cc,
and it shows that it crashes right at the point where exception is
thrown. And I added the above code segment to connection.cc and change
the code to throw My_Err instead of BadQuery; It still crashes.

Any idea why the exception handling inside connetion.cc behaves
differently? I am suspecting it is related to the Makefile setting. It
seems it is not doing the straight forward compiling using g++, but did
some tricks with libtool etc. How could I get a Makefile for just a
simple g++ compile/link of mysql++ lib???

Thanks in advance

Yigong

this email is prohibited.
[mf2]
Thread
exception problem when building on solaris 2.8 with gcc 3.3.2Yigong Liu17 Aug
  • Re: exception problem when building on solaris 2.8 with gcc 3.3.2Warren Young17 Aug
RE: exception problem when building on solaris 2.8 with gcc 3.3.2Yigong Liu17 Aug