List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sinisa Milivojevic Date:February 5 2004 12:09pm
Subject:Re: mysql++ and MySQL 4.1
View as plain text
Brian Eley wrote:
> Thanks for your help. I have downloaded and installed the MySQL 4.1 development RPM:
> MySQL-devel-4.1.1-0.i386.rpm. I believe this contains the new C API?
>
> After rebuilding my programs, some of my problems have been solved, but I still have
> a few programs that have segmentation faults at startup. I have tracked this down to the
> Connection::ping() function. If I comment out all my calls to ping(), I no longer see the
> seg-faults.
>
> Are there any known issues with the ping() function? Are there restrictions on when
> or how it can be called? Should it ever be possible to cause a segmentation fault by
> calling it?
>
> Thanks again for all your help,
> Brian

Do not know any problems with ping() function.

It should work fine.

I re-checked and ping() works just fine.

You should re-check that all include files that you used to build
MySQL++ came only from 4.1 just as the libmysqlclient.

I would suggest you double check this.

--

Sincerely,

--
For technical support contracts, go to https://order.mysql.com/?ref=msmi

Meet the MySQL at User Conference ! (April 14-16, 2004)
http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/
Thread
mysql++ and MySQL 4.1Brian Eley4 Feb
  • Re: mysql++ and MySQL 4.1Sinisa Milivojevic4 Feb
RE: mysql++ and MySQL 4.1Brian Eley5 Feb
  • Re: mysql++ and MySQL 4.1Sinisa Milivojevic5 Feb