List:MySQL and PHP« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Edson Date:February 16 2007 7:26pm
Subject:Problems executing mysql_connect() command from PHP
View as plain text
I have a set of servers and programs I am responsible for working with.  One of the
programs running on the servers is a quick report-generating program, written in PHP,
that is supposed to draw information from a pair of databases, one of which is a MySQL
db.

  Earlier today, I was informed that the group working with one of the servers were having
trouble displaying some of their reports.  A quick check revealed that the program was
unable to get past the mysql_connect() statement in the program.  When error suppression
was turned off, I was given the following error message:
  Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_real_connect() in
/srv/www/htdocs/tech_site_lst.php on line 123

  Another system was also tested, running side-by-side with the damaged one, and managed
to produce the expected results.  The pertinent information for the two systems is as
follows; problem system is 1, control is 2:

  1. OS- SuSE 9.2 Linux.
  2. OS- SuSE 9.2 Linux.

  1. PHP- Version 5.2.0
  2. PHP- Version 4.3.10

  1. MySQL- Version 4.1.10a
  2. MySQL- Version 4.1.10a

  I recognize that this may be a problem with PHP, since that is the difference between
the two setups, but as the error was for mysql_connect(), I felt it would be appropriate
to check here first.  If I am wrong in this, I apologize.

  Does anyone know of anything which I may do to correct this problem, or of anywhere that
I might be able to seek out more information on it?

  Thank you for your consideration.

Be a PS3 game guru.
Problems executing mysql_connect() command from PHPAndrew Edson16 Feb