List:MySQL and PHP« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ulf Wendel Date:May 5 2008 8:12am
Subject:Re: mysqli_connect fails under load(mysqlnd)
View as plain text
Amir Hardon schrieb:
> On some of the requests, it failed (returned false), while
> mysqli_connect_error() returned an empty string,
> and mysli_connect_errno() returned 0(zero).
>
> I tried testing it under load with ab(apache benchmark), but couldn't
> reproduce the error.
> Tried directing real traffic to this server again, and got the same errors.

Thanks for the hint & thanks for trying mysqlnd! mysqlnd feedback like
this is still highly welcome. Its working fine in our lab tests
(including load tests) but we are looking for real-life feedback.

I have no idea what could be causing it. mysqlnd is using PHP streams.
If its not a mysqlnd bug its a limitation derived from PHP streams.

Do you think trying out persistent connections might solve it?

Andrey,

would it help to turn on mysqlnd debugging? This seems to be the next
step in my eyes. We might get more information from the debug/trace log
and we might get an impression how much the debug/trace log slows down
the server in real life.

Ulf
Thread
mysqli_connect fails under load(mysqlnd)Amir Hardon4 May
  • Re: mysqli_connect fails under load(mysqlnd)Ulf Wendel5 May
  • Re: mysqli_connect fails under load(mysqlnd)Andrey Hristov5 May
    • Re: mysqli_connect fails under load(mysqlnd)Amir Hardon5 May
      • Re: mysqli_connect fails under load(mysqlnd)Andrey Hristov6 May
        • Re: mysqli_connect fails under load(mysqlnd)Ulf Wendel6 May
Re: mysqli_connect fails under load(mysqlnd)Andrey Hristov6 May
Re: mysqli_connect fails under load(mysqlnd)Amir Hardon6 May