List:MySQL and PHP« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vince Bravdica Date:February 14 2007 3:48am
Subject:Can't seem to connect to MySQL Server
View as plain text
When entering the following, I do not get a response in any fashion from the
developmental server on my system, just a blank page. Any ideas how I can
complete the connection?

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 //EN">
<head>
       <title>MySql</title>
</head>
<?php

  $dbServer='localhost';
  $dbUser='root';
  $dbPass='';
  $dbName='test';
  $link = mysql_connect("$dbServer", "$dbUser", "$dbPass") or die("Could not
connect");
  print "Connected Successfully<br>";
  mysql_select_db("$dbName") or die("Could not select database");
  print "Database selected successfully<br>";

mysql_close($link);

?>

Vince Bravdica

  _____

It has removed 2457 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com>  for free now!

Thread
Can't seem to connect to MySQL ServerVince Bravdica14 Feb