List:MySQL and PHP« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wayne G Leslie Date:November 26 2012 3:31pm
Subject:RE: mysql and php not communicating after upgrade
View as plain text
Thanks Rich.  As a complete mysql/php newbie, I didn't see this in all the documentation.
Unfortunately, the results are quite similar to my other results:

mysql_upgrade --verbose
Looking for 'mysql' as: mysql
Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: mysqlcheck
Running 'mysqlcheck with default connection arguments
mysqlcheck: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password:
NO) when trying to connect
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed

I must have some very basic underlying problem that I do not understand.

Wayne