List:MySQL and PHP« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:admin Date:May 3 2012 3:13am
Subject:Stored Procedure Problem.
View as plain text
I know I am doing something wrong here but not really sure why the stored
procedure is failing with a declared variable as the field name

BEGIN

DECLARE boyah VARCHAR(32) DEFAULT 'section17';

SET boyah = 'section17';

SELECT

`translater`.`displayname` AS `displayname`,

`translater`.`scanname` AS `scanname`,

count(`consumables`.`section5`) AS `tcount`

FROM

(`translater` join `consumables` on((`consumables`.`section5` =
`translater`.`scanname`)))

WHERE

((`translater`.`company_id` = company_id) and (`translater`.`dgrup` <>
_utf8'2')

AND

(consumables.boyah BETWEEN nstart AND nstop)

AND

(`consumables`.`section16` >= 1)

AND

(`consumables`.`site_id` = site_id))

GROUP BY

`translater`.`ID`

ORDER BY

`translater`.`displayname`

DESC;

END

If I statically write it in the procedure works perfect, if I try to set a
variable and use that variable as the field name it fails.

Any suggestions???

Thread
Stored Procedure Problem.admin3 May