List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:June 16 1999 7:25am
Subject:Re: mysql.sock location
View as plain text
Jesse Kanner wrote:

> However, when logged in as any other user, I got this error:
>
> ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
>
> This error also prevented me from a successful 'make test' during my
> msql-mysql-module installation (the installer couldn't connect to the
> server).

Mopst probably you have old versions of libmysqlclient floating
around somewhere on your system that are using /tmp as a path.
If this is corret, remove them and recompile the Msql-Mysql-modules.

If nothing else helps, try using "127.0.0.1" as host name, that should
use INET sockets instead of Unix sockets. From the application level
you can use the mysql_socket option to set the correct path.

Bye,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@stripped
A mathematician is an engine for converting coffee	+49 7123 14887

Thread
mysql.sock locationJesse Kanner14 Jun
  • Re: mysql.sock locationJochen Wiedmann16 Jun