List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:December 14 2000 8:26am
Subject:Re: Switching character set from DBI
View as plain text

Roman Melihhov wrote:

> Is there a way character set can be changed from within DBI by sending a
> query or while connecting to database, as I'm developing multinational
> resources.

As MySQL currently supports only *one* character set (at least for
storing in the database), you probably want to use UTF8 as character
set (if MySQL already supports it) and convert your strings
appropriately. The driver does not yet support automatic conversion,
but I am thinking of it.

Bye,

Jochen
Thread
Switching character set from DBIRoman Melihhov14 Dec
  • Re: Switching character set from DBIJochen Wiedmann14 Dec