List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 15 1999 5:56pm
Subject:DBI problems
View as plain text

Pat> Hi
Pat> I tried installing the DBI for perl and I noted the following problems,

Pat> all the make commands worked fine
Pat> perl Makefile.PL   command returned the following message

<cut>

Pat> Warning: You do not have permissions to install into
Pat> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/alpha-dec_osf at
Pat> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/ExtUtils/Install.pm line 61.
Pat> mkdir /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/alpha-dec_osf/auto: No such file
Pat> or directory at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/ExtUtils/Install.pm line 114
Pat> *** Exit 2
Pat> Stop.

Pat> I am installing the DBI in my local directory so is there any way of
Pat> changing the installation path
Pat> or is that what i need to do
Pat> Perl 5.004.04 is currently installed

Pat> thanks Patrick.murray@stripped

Hi!

Please check the mail archive and the reference manual before posting!
You can find a solution to this problem at

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_toc.html

section: Perl installation

In particular the following entry should be interesting to you:

--------------

If you don't have the right to install Perl modules in the system directory
or if you to install local Perl modules, the following reference may help
you:

@example
@uref{http://www.iserver.com/support/contrib/perl5/modules.html}
@end example

----------

If you can't find solve your problem with the above information,
please post this question again and say where you have tried to locate
the answer to your question and what you did.

You can find information how to do a correct bug report at:

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_Questions.html#Asking_questions

PLEASE read the above before reposting your question, this will save us all
a lot of time!

If you really need fast explicit help, you should consider taking
MySQL email support.  We try to help everyone but our recourses are
quite limited and we must prioritize paying customers.

Yours,
Monty

PS:  This is a standard reply to questions that can easily be found in
     the mail archive, the reference manual, the perl man pages or in
     any of the examples in the MySQL distribution.
Thread
DBI problemsPat Murray15 Mar
  • DBI problemsMichael Widenius15 Mar
  • Re: DBI problemsTom Sullivan15 Mar