List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:July 31 2000 7:27am
Subject:Re: Beginner question
View as plain text

Casper Poulsen wrote:

> After downloading and installing MySQL 3.22 I experienced some wierd things.
> First, the dirs that its supposed to create in typically /usr/local/mysql
> (bin, data, include, lib, scripts, share/mysql and sql-bench) simply doesnt
> exist!.

I don't know why you expect them in /usr/local/mysql (which is perhaps the
default for the source distribution), but for the RPM's they are in
/usr/bin|include|lib etc.

> But, because of the dirs not being there I cant install the
> msql-mysql-modules for Perl. It asks "Where is your MySQL installed?
> Please tell me directory that contains the subdir 'include'. [/usr/local/]".

Either you have to enter /usr as a base directory or you should install
the RPM archive MySQL-devel.

Bye,

Jochen
Thread
Beginner questionCasper Poulsen30 Jul
  • Re: Beginner questionJochen Wiedmann31 Jul