List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:July 17 2000 7:25am
Subject:Re: Still having Dynaloader problems
View as plain text

Jeremy Hansen wrote:

> I'm still having Dynaloader problems.  I've done everything the perldoc
> says.  I'm running perl 5.6.0, my compiler is gcc version egcs-2.91.66
> 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release).
>
> Any other suggestions?  Is my compiler buggy?  It stock from a Red Hat 6.0
> system.

Sorry, but the main problems I know with RH 6.0 are related to
MySQL's shared libraries and the _open64 thing. Both should be
fine, if you

  a) Make sure, that there are *absolutely no* old MySQL files
  b) Recompile MySQL from souce and
  c) Compile DBD::mysql with

	perl Makefile.PL --static --config

But that's all described in the README.

Note that DBD::mysql is developed on RH Linux, so almost definitely
your problems are one of those.

Bye,

Jochen
Thread
Still having Dynaloader problemsJeremy Hansen17 Jul
  • Re: Still having Dynaloader problemsJochen Wiedmann17 Jul
    • Re: Still having Dynaloader problemsJeremy Hansen17 Jul
      • Re: Still having Dynaloader problemsJochen Wiedmann17 Jul