List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:May 25 1999 8:18pm
Subject:Re: Drivers giving different results
View as plain text
Vivek Khera wrote:

> This would be ok, but the DBI interface should expose this function,
> not change the meaning of affected rows.

I think this is what we already have now by looking at mysql_info().
In that case no new functionality would be required.

> JW>   - change mysql_affected_rows to return the number of matched rows
>
> No.  This would be bad.  I think that the "affected" rows has a valid
> meaning in this case, and should not be changed.  An SQL server is
> well within its rights to rewrite such a query by not affecting rows
> that are already set to the "new" value.

I leave this discussion to others. :-)

Bye,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@stripped
Wiedmann'sches Idealgewicht: IQ - 30%			+49 7123 14887

Thread
Re: Drivers giving different resultsJochen Wiedmann25 May
  • Re: Drivers giving different resultsVivek Khera25 May
  • Re: Drivers giving different resultsTim Bunce26 May
  • Re: Drivers giving different resultsDan Busarow29 May
    • Re: Drivers giving different resultsJochen Wiedmann29 May
  • Re: Drivers giving different resultsMichael Widenius2 Jun
    • Re: Drivers giving different resultsTim Bunce2 Jun
      • Re: Drivers giving different resultsMichael Widenius3 Jun
        • Re: Drivers giving different resultsTim Bunce3 Jun
          • Re: Drivers giving different resultsMichael Widenius3 Jun
            • Re: Drivers giving different resultsTim Bunce3 Jun
Re: Drivers giving different resultsJochen Wiedmann26 May