List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pat Murray Date:March 15 1999 12:22pm
Subject:DBI problems
View as plain text
Hi
I tried installing the DBI for perl and I noted the following problems,

all the make commands worked fine
perl Makefile.PL   command returned the following message

setting up the DBD

*** Note:
    The optional PlRPC-modules (RPC::PlServer etc) are not installed.
    If you want to use the DBD::Proxy driver and DBI::ProxyServer
    modules, then you'll need to install the RPC::PlServer, RPC::PlClient,
    Storable and Net::Daemon modules. The DBI CPAN Bundle may help you.
    You can install them any time after installing the DBI.
    You do *not* need these modules for typical DBI usage.

Optional modules are available from any CPAN mirror, in particular
    http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/by-module
    http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-module
    ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/perl/CPAN/modules/by-module

Writing Makefile for DBI

    Remember to actually *read* the README file!
    Build, TEST and INSTALL Perl 5 first.
    Do NOT build the DBI under the Perl source tree.
    Use 'make test' to execute self tests.
    Use 'make install' to install the DBI and then delete this working

make
make test  all worked fine

make test TEST_VERBOSE=1 returned
Testing handle creation speed...
5000 NullP statement handles cycled in 1.8 cpu+sys seconds (2727 per sec)

test.pl done
 however the
make install  command returned
error message for make install
Warning: You do not have permissions to install into
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/alpha-dec_osf at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/ExtUtils/Install.pm line 61.
mkdir /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/alpha-dec_osf/auto: No such file
or directory at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/ExtUtils/Install.pm line 114
*** Exit 2
Stop.

I am installing the DBI in my local directory so is there any way of
changing the installation path
or is that what i need to do
Perl 5.004.04 is currently installed

thanks Patrick.murray@stripped