List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:May 25 1999 8:35pm
Subject:Re: Problem installing msql-mysql-modules
View as plain text
> Subject: Problem installing msql-mysql-modules
> Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 20:24:41 -0400
> From: Randal Leavitt <nstn1291@stripped>
> To: msql-mysql-modules@stripped
>
> I am trying to use mysql for the first time to evaluate it.
> I have downloaded and installed it.  It seems to be running correctly.
> I then tried to download and install the PERL modules associated with
> it.
> Data-Dumper and DBI appear to be installed for me correctly.
> However, I cannot install msql-mysql-modules.
> The following shows what happens when I try ---
>
> [shell prompt] perl Makefile.PL
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lmysqlclient
> Writing Makefile for DBD::mysql
> Writing Makefile for Msql-Mysql-modules

When running "perl Makefile.PL" the driver typically starts a configuration
dialog and queries for installation directories. This doesn't happen here.
Try

	perl Makefile.PL --config

If you still encounter problems, let me know, but don't forget to
tell details about your system (OS, OS version, MySQL version, DBD-mysql
version, ...)

Bye,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@stripped
Wiedmann'sches Idealgewicht: IQ - 30%			+49 7123 14887

Thread
Re: Problem installing msql-mysql-modulesJochen Wiedmann26 May