List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 14 2000 3:23pm
Subject:Re: mysql timestamp question
View as plain text
Hi again!

I was scanning through some old mails to check if we had some unsolved
things before doing a new relase and stumbled across the following mail:

Jochen> Todd Finney wrote:
>> My question is, how do you specify explicitly the timestamp column in an
>> update statement without actually changing the value?  Am I reading this wrong?

Jochen> The trick is reading the old value before doing the update and then
Jochen> using the old value explicitly.

For example

UPDATE table SET A=A+1, timestamp_column=timestamp_column;

Will keep the old timestamp value

Regards,
Monty

PS: Sorry for the delay, hope late was better than never.
Thread
mysql timestamp questionTodd Finney9 Dec
  • Problem with quote and multi-byte character setsAutarch9 Dec
    • Re: Problem with quote and multi-byte character setsJochen Wiedmann9 Dec
    • Re: Problem with quote and multi-byte character setsJochen Wiedmann9 Dec
  • Re: mysql timestamp questionAutarch9 Dec
  • Re: mysql timestamp questionJochen Wiedmann9 Dec
  • Re: mysql timestamp questionJochen Wiedmann9 Dec
    • Re: mysql timestamp questionMichael Widenius14 Jan