List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:January 12 2000 7:38pm
Subject:Re: "server has gone away" error message
View as plain text
Nancy Lin wrote:

> I ran a little script that prints out msqladmin stats every 2 seconds to
> see what's going on with the mSQL server.  I noticed that this happens
> when the mSQL server starts dropping established connections.
>
> But I'm not sure why this would be a problem. I've browsed through both
> modperl and this mailing list's archives as well as documentations.  The
> sympton seems to point to the "Morning After" problem.
>
> The "Morning after" problem occurs because mysql times out.  But mSQL
> supposedly never times out.

I have never heard of a similar problem with mSQL. Indeed the so-
called "morning after" problem is related to MySQL.

What do you mean by "the mSQL server starts dropping established
connections"? If it does, this can indeed be the reason for your
problem, particularly in connection with Apache::DBI and persistent
database connections. But why does the engine "drop connections"?

Bye,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@stripped
Life has brown and green eyes. :-)			+49 711 7168586

Thread
"server has gone away" error messageNancy Lin12 Jan
  • Re: "server has gone away" error messageJochen Wiedmann13 Jan
    • Re: "server has gone away" error messageNancy Lin13 Jan
      • Re: "server has gone away" error messageJochen Wiedmann13 Jan
        • Re: "server has gone away" error messageNancy Lin20 Jan