List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:January 11 2000 8:23pm
Subject:Re: mysql.pm on Apache/mod_perl/perl win98
View as plain text
dave_dunstan wrote:

> Do I really have to compile my own mysql.pm to get this to work? I don't
> have VC++! I guess I could get it ...

The DBD::mysql driver (like most other database drivers) consists of
two parts: A Perl part and a C part.

If you aren't using ActivePerl (which isn't working with mod_perl,
AFAIK),
you either need a precompiled binary of DBD::mysql or you must compile
your own - and hence you need a C compiler. (The DBD::mysql docs tell
you
what to do.) The C compiler must be the same that was used for compiling
Perl. VC++ is not a must: You can compile Perl with egcs. The
WIN32-README
of the Perl source distribution contains more details.

A precompiled binary of Perl 5.00502, including DBD::mysql, is
available at www.mysql.com.

Bye,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@stripped
Life has brown and green eyes. :-)			+49 711 7168586

Thread
mysql.pm on Apache/mod_perl/perl win98dave_dunstan10 Jan
  • Re: mysql.pm on Apache/mod_perl/perl win98Ed Phillips10 Jan
  • Re: mysql.pm on Apache/mod_perl/perl win98Tim Tompkins10 Jan
    • Re: mysql.pm on Apache/mod_perl/perl win98Randy Kobes11 Jan
  • Re: mysql.pm on Apache/mod_perl/perl win98Jochen Wiedmann11 Jan