List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:December 23 1999 9:52pm
Subject:Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY!! Clarify :datatype TEXT/BLOB
View as plain text
Willy Gielen wrote:

> thanks for broadening my horizon on this subject. I was unaware that a
> database and language independant escape sequence existed. We use this
> method from VB and Java on MS SQL Server, Access and Mysql. But it still
> looks like you have to do the replace (the original text will not have the
> escape characters) or do you use a different method?

The quote method and the simple use of placeholders are
bound to DBI, AFAIK there's no similar equivalent in ODBC
or JDBC. Definitely there's nothing equivalent in SQL.

Bye,

Jochen

Thread
Updates, replaces for DBD::mysql broken for parenthesized data?Rob McMillin22 Jan
  • RE: MAY DAY! MAY DAY!! Clarify :datatype TEXT/BLOBWilly Gielen22 Dec
  • Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY!! Clarify :datatype TEXT/BLOBpriya22 Dec
  • Re: Updates, replaces for DBD::mysql broken for parenthesized data?sasha23 Jan
    • Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY!! Clarify :datatype TEXT/BLOBJochen Wiedmann22 Dec
    • Re: MAY DAY! MAY DAY!! Clarify :datatype TEXT/BLOBJochen Wiedmann24 Dec