List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:December 12 1999 12:10pm
Subject:Re: Problem testing msql-mysql-Modules
View as plain text
Tim Churches wrote:

> I just recompiled perl (5.00503 - the current stable release) on my SuSE
> 6.1 Linux system, using the defaults provided by the configure script in
> every instance. It compiled without errors or warnings and passed all
> tests. I then recompiled DBI-1.13 - it also compiled perfectly and
> passed all tests. Then I recompiled Mysql 3.23.7-alpha - it also
> recompiled fine. Then I tried Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2209 and it fails in
> exactly the same way as before (as noted above), except at line 169 now
> instead of 168.
>
> OK, it appears that I have both egcs and gcc on my system. How do I
> force Perl, DBI, Msql-Mysql-modules and Mysql to all use the same
> compiler? I thought that all I needed to do was set the value of the CC
> environment variable, but that variable is not set at all on my system.

For Perl: Use

	./Configure -DCC=egcs

This setting will later be used by the modules too.

For MySQL: Use

	CC=egcs ./configure

Note that the use of different C compilers can indeed be a problem,
if they are using different C libraries (for example glibc 2.0 vs.
glibs 2.1) internally.

If you still have problems, send me your "mysqlbug" script and
the output of "perl -V".

Bye,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@stripped
Life has brown and green eyes. :-)			+49 711 7168586

Thread
Problem testing msql-mysql-ModulesEnrico Sorcinelli11 Dec
  • Re: Problem testing msql-mysql-ModulesTim Churches11 Dec
    • Re: Problem testing msql-mysql-ModulesEnrico Sorcinelli11 Dec
      • Re: Problem testing msql-mysql-ModulesDan Mahoney11 Dec
        • Re: Problem testing msql-mysql-ModulesTim Churches12 Dec
        • Re: Problem testing msql-mysql-ModulesTim Churches12 Dec
        • Re: Problem testing msql-mysql-ModulesJochen Wiedmann12 Dec
  • Re: Problem testing msql-mysql-ModulesJochen Wiedmann12 Dec
    • A solution to solve problem testing msql-mysql-ModulesEnrico Sorcinelli13 Dec
  • Re: Problem testing msql-mysql-ModulesJochen Wiedmann12 Dec