List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:aderhaag Date:May 6 1999 5:34am
Subject:Re: Problem installing msql-mysql-modules
View as plain text
> I am trying to use mysql for the first time to evaluate it.
> I have downloaded and installed it.  It seems to be running correctly.
> I then tried to download and install the PERL modules associated with
> it.
> Data-Dumper and DBI appear to be installed for me correctly.
> However, I cannot install msql-mysql-modules.
> The following shows what happens when I try ---
> [...]
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/usr/local/mysql/Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2014/Mysql'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/include/mysql/mysql.h', needed
> by `dbdimp.o'.
> Stop.

  The default root path for the install of MySQL is /usr/local so the
  include file usually goes into /usr/local/include/mysql.  Evidently,
  something is broken since this is not found by the perl module
  install but as a quick and dirty you could create symlink to the
  mysql directory hierarchy in /usr/include..  that is, of course, if
  the mysql.h is to be found in a /usr/local/include/mysql directory.

 Alan E. Derhaag                     Omnifax/Danka Industries
 phone: +1 425 643 7126           1800 136th Place NE Unit #3
  http://www.wolfenet.com/~aderhaag/       Bellevue, WA 98053
             email: --aderhaag@stripped
Thread
Problem installing msql-mysql-modulesRandal Leavitt6 May
  • Re: Problem installing msql-mysql-modulesaderhaag6 May