List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:December 9 1999 8:05pm
Subject:Re: Problem with quote and multi-byte character sets
View as plain text
Autarch wrote:

> I'd patch dbdimp.c (or try, with my crappy C skills) but I cannot for the
> life of me figure out how the heck I can get mysql to tell me what
> character set it was compiled with!  If I could do that, I'd add a check
> for the charset somewhere and store it.  I'm thinking that if there's some
> of global structure (the driver handle maybe?) that exists then it should
> go there.  Then during the quote function I'd check this and check the
> position in the string when deciding whether to escape a backslash.

If I get you right, your patch would definitely not work in a
traditional
environment, so it will never be the default.

However, I see no reason against adding such a patch on behalf of the
user. For example, one could use it like this:

	$dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:mysql_unicode_quote=1")

If you can send me a working patch, I'll be happy to add the optional
use.

Bye,

Jochen

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@stripped
Life has brown and green eyes. :-)			+49 711 7168586

Thread
mysql timestamp questionTodd Finney9 Dec
  • Problem with quote and multi-byte character setsAutarch9 Dec
    • Re: Problem with quote and multi-byte character setsJochen Wiedmann9 Dec
    • Re: Problem with quote and multi-byte character setsJochen Wiedmann9 Dec
  • Re: mysql timestamp questionAutarch9 Dec
  • Re: mysql timestamp questionJochen Wiedmann9 Dec
  • Re: mysql timestamp questionJochen Wiedmann9 Dec
    • Re: mysql timestamp questionMichael Widenius14 Jan