List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:December 9 1999 8:00pm
Subject:Re: mysql timestamp question
View as plain text
Todd Finney wrote:

> My question is, how do you specify explicitly the timestamp column in an
> update statement without actually changing the value?  Am I reading this wrong?

The trick is reading the old value before doing the update and then
using the old value explicitly.

--
Jochen Wiedmann						joe@stripped
Life has brown and green eyes. :-)			+49 711 7168586

Thread
mysql timestamp questionTodd Finney9 Dec
  • Problem with quote and multi-byte character setsAutarch9 Dec
    • Re: Problem with quote and multi-byte character setsJochen Wiedmann9 Dec
    • Re: Problem with quote and multi-byte character setsJochen Wiedmann9 Dec
  • Re: mysql timestamp questionAutarch9 Dec
  • Re: mysql timestamp questionJochen Wiedmann9 Dec
  • Re: mysql timestamp questionJochen Wiedmann9 Dec
    • Re: mysql timestamp questionMichael Widenius14 Jan