List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marc Lehmann Date:February 29 2012 10:28am
Subject:Re: AW: bind parameter guessing corrupts results
View as plain text
On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:20:34PM +0100, "Selke, Gisbert W."
<Gisbert.Selke@stripped> wrote:
> [...]

Well, the solution I outlined has the advantage of being dwim but at
the same time doesn't suffer from arbitraryness - that is, there is a
consistent way of marking numbers as numbers, even with perl.

So your argument is wrong - the problem is not dwim here.

The problem is the arbitraryness - even if perl thinks something is a
number and doesn't even have alternatives, dbd::mysql would still quote it
if it becomes too big, and this behaviour isn't even clearly documented.

      ----==-- _       generation
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp@stripped
Thread
bind parameter guessing corrupts resultsMarc Lehmann15 Feb
  • RE: bind parameter guessing corrupts resultsRalf Neubauer22 Feb
    • Re: bind parameter guessing corrupts resultsMarc Lehmann23 Feb
      • AW: bind parameter guessing corrupts resultsGisbert W. Selke28 Feb
        • Re: AW: bind parameter guessing corrupts resultsMarc Lehmann29 Feb