List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John P [ITSYS] Hauck Date:September 29 2011 9:35pm
Subject:want to install mysql client only
View as plain text
I am trying to do a client-only install of mysql on a Solaris 10 zone so I can access a
mysql db on a remote machine using DBD::mysql.  Can someone please point me at some
instructions for doing this?  I'm trying to do this with mysql 5.0.67 using
"-without-server" on ./configure.  I'm getting

   "make: Fatal error:  Command failed for target `all-recursive' "

from the make.

The environment is:

Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC

host> gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.6/specs
Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld
--enable-shared --enable-languages=c,c++,f77
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.6

CCFLAGS=-Xa -fast -native -xstrconst -mt -m64
CXXFLAGS=-noex -mt -m64

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --without-server --with-extra-charsets=complex
--enable-thread-safe-client --enable-local-infile --with-named-z-libs=no
--with-named-curses-libs=-lcurses --enable-shared --with-zlib-dir=bundled
--with-big-tables --with-readline

Any help is greatly appreciated.

p.s.  If this is the wrong list for this, please point me at the proper one.

John P. Hauck
Senior Systems Analyst
247 Durham Center
Information Technology Services                                         Phone:
Iowa State University
Fax: 515-294-1717
Ames, IA  50011-2251

want to install mysql client onlyJohn P [ITSYS] Hauck29 Sep