List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John P [ITSYS] Hauck Date:September 29 2011 9:35pm
Subject:want to install mysql client only
View as plain text
I am trying to do a client-only install of mysql on a Solaris 10 zone so I can access a
mysql db on a remote machine using DBD::mysql.  Can someone please point me at some
instructions for doing this?  I'm trying to do this with mysql 5.0.67 using
"-without-server" on ./configure.  I'm getting

   "make: Fatal error:  Command failed for target `all-recursive' "

from the make.

The environment is:

Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC

host> gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.6/specs
Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld
--enable-shared --enable-languages=c,c++,f77
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.6

configure:
CC=gcc
CCFLAGS=-Xa -fast -native -xstrconst -mt -m64
CXX=CC
CXXFLAGS=-noex -mt -m64

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --without-server --with-extra-charsets=complex
--enable-thread-safe-client --enable-local-infile --with-named-z-libs=no
--with-named-curses-libs=-lcurses --enable-shared --with-zlib-dir=bundled
--with-big-tables --with-readline

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-John

p.s.  If this is the wrong list for this, please point me at the proper one.

John P. Hauck
jphauck@stripped<mailto:jphauck@stripped>
Senior Systems Analyst
247 Durham Center
Information Technology Services                                         Phone:
515-294-8424
Iowa State University
Fax: 515-294-1717
Ames, IA  50011-2251

Thread
want to install mysql client onlyJohn P [ITSYS] Hauck29 Sep