List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gert van 't Hof Date:May 4 1999 1:46pm
Subject:php versus perl for coupling to apache/intranet
View as plain text

Is there anybody with exerience about the coupling of MYSQL to the INTRANET
means of PHP or PERL?

I have plans to couple a mysql-database to an intranet page.  The intranet
runs under
It seems that mysql and apache offer two ways to do this
1. by means of php.  I have found various sites where mysql-php coupling is
discussed so
this seems to be a frequently used approach.
2. by means of perl scripts.  In the readme's of Apache i read that apache
offers direct
coupling with perl-scripts instead of CGI-type of coupling.  With
perl-scripts it is very
easy to approach the mysql database.  To me this seems the way to go, but i
have not
found any reference sites.

Can anybode advise me on the pros and cons or refer me to relevant

Thanks in advace

Gert van 't Hof

php versus perl for coupling to apache/intranetGert van 't Hof4 May
  • Re: php versus perl for coupling to apache/intranetartlore4 May