List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gert van 't Hof Date:May 4 1999 1:46pm
Subject:php versus perl for coupling to apache/intranet
View as plain text

Hello

Is there anybody with exerience about the coupling of MYSQL to the INTRANET
by
means of PHP or PERL?

I have plans to couple a mysql-database to an intranet page.  The intranet
runs under
apache.
It seems that mysql and apache offer two ways to do this
1. by means of php.  I have found various sites where mysql-php coupling is
discussed so
this seems to be a frequently used approach.
2. by means of perl scripts.  In the readme's of Apache i read that apache
offers direct
coupling with perl-scripts instead of CGI-type of coupling.  With
perl-scripts it is very
easy to approach the mysql database.  To me this seems the way to go, but i
have not
found any reference sites.

Can anybode advise me on the pros and cons or refer me to relevant
literature/sites?

Thanks in advace

Regards
Gert van 't Hof

Thread
php versus perl for coupling to apache/intranetGert van 't Hof4 May
  • Re: php versus perl for coupling to apache/intranetartlore4 May