List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:November 18 1999 2:51pm
Subject:Re: Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?
View as plain text
Mathijs Brands wrote:

> I still feel all of this is caused by the fact that mysql is linked
> against libc_r, while the MySQL DBD module is linked against libc
> (just like perl). I can link the DBD module against libc_r, but this
> causes perl to dump core immediately on loading the MySQL DBD module
> (most likely caused by the fact that the module is linked against
> libc_r and perl against libc).

Wouldn't it be best to rebuild Perl with libc_r either?

> I'm probably going to try building MySQL with MIT thread support to
> see if it is possible to enable the threadsafe client with MIT
> thread support. I may try recompiling perl against libc_r, but I'm
> not sure if that's wise (the perlscripts will run on a production
> machine and I don't want to run the risk that some other scripts
> stop working correctly).

Then, another question: Is important for you, to have a thread
safe client? I think it isdn't, at least not in Perl, which
isn't thread safe anyways. How about rebuilding the MySQL client
libraries (not the server!) witt libc, storing it in a special
directory and trying to link against these libraries?

Bye,

Jochen

P.S: About your change in the Makefile: Can you tell me the
     output of

	strings /usr/bin/perl | grep libc
	strings /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a | grep libc
	strings /usr/bin/mysql | grep libc
Thread
Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?Mathijs Brands16 Nov
  • Re: Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?Ed Phillips16 Nov
  • Re: Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?Jochen Wiedmann17 Nov
    • Re: Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?Mathijs Brands17 Nov
      • ERROR! URGENT!!Andre Natal17 Nov
        • Re: ERROR! URGENT!!Andre Natal17 Nov
      • Re: Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?Mathijs Brands17 Nov
        • Re: Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?Mathijs Brands17 Nov
  • Re: Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?Jochen Wiedmann18 Nov
    • Re: Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?Mathijs Brands18 Nov