List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gisbert W. Selke Date:November 16 2009 8:32pm
Subject:AW: select fails to find updates of from other connections
View as plain text
Hi Bob --

I'm not sure whether this answers your question, since you just said you have trouble (but
not, which trouble): have you tried to fiddle with the connection parameter
mysql_use_result (as per the DBD::mysql docs)? If set to false (the default), the result
set for some select that you do may just be buffered locally.
Alternatively, are you connecting to a transactional table, and may the transaction still
be in progress? Are you doing your select in a loop for contunuous updating, or how do
you control whether the external table update is somewhere between your selects? Given
the current lot of information, it is hard to tell.

\Gisbert
Thread
select fails to find updates of from other connectionsBob McGowan14 Nov
AW: select fails to find updates of from other connectionsGisbert W. Selke16 Nov