List:MySQL and Perl« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jochen Wiedmann Date:November 18 1999 10:49am
Subject:Re: Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?
View as plain text
Mathijs Brands wrote:

> I assume you're referring to the 'pthread_mutex_destroy' symbol?
> This is caused by the fact that the module is linked against libc,
> while it should be linked against libc_r. libc_r is the threadsafe
> version of the C library - that's why libc doesn't contain any
> threadings stuff.

Excellent. Two questions: How did you manage that libc_r was
used? And do you see any possibility for me to detect
automatically, whether libc or libc_r should be used?

> There are several reasons why I didn't analyze the coredump:
>  3. I don't have the Perl source lying around
>  2. Perl is linked against libc, mysql.so against libc_r
>  1. The Perl binary has been stripped (standard FreeBSD config)

Excellent again. Here's how to go:

  - Create a new version of DBD::mysql be doing a

	perl Makefile.PL --static --config OPTIMIZE=-g LINKTYPE=static
	make
	make perl
	make test

  - Start it from within gdb by doing

	cd mysql
	gdb ../perl
	r -I../blib/arch -I../blib/lib t/00base.t

    (Replace the test script name, as appropriate.)

Feel free to ask for more suggestions.

Bye,

Jochen

Thread
Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?Mathijs Brands16 Nov
  • Re: Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?Ed Phillips16 Nov
  • Re: Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?Jochen Wiedmann17 Nov
    • Re: Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?Mathijs Brands17 Nov
      • ERROR! URGENT!!Andre Natal17 Nov
        • Re: ERROR! URGENT!!Andre Natal17 Nov
      • Re: Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?Mathijs Brands17 Nov
        • Re: Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?Mathijs Brands17 Nov
  • Re: Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?Jochen Wiedmann18 Nov
    • Re: Installing the MySQL DBI on a FreeBSD box - what's wrong?Mathijs Brands18 Nov